Sunday, October 14, 2007

Why I Fell In Love With My Poodle

There is absolutely nothing cuter than a puppy, except maybe a baby goat, but that is a matter of debate. The main advantage of choosing a puppy over a goat is that with any luck, he (the puppy) will eventually mature into a loving, loyal companion, whereas no matter what, the baby goat will grow into - a goat. Other than that, I can argue fairly convincingly for either one.

But here is the little queen at 4 weeks!! Oh my god. She is the one in the lower right; the smallest of the litter, with a little pink ribbon around her neck. Mike scratched her little chicken chest and when he stopped, she whined and pawed at him. He was a goner. He did NOT want a poodle, mind you; he did it for me. To this day he says we have 'a dog, and a poodle.' But I think he likes her all right.





And here she is at 11 weeks, the day we picked her up. We drove the 2 hours home and were smitten before we got there. I could not believe how adorable she was. We took her home and after the Big Howdy she immediately, at 11 pounds, booted Cody (80 pounds) away from the water dish. He politely gave in to the little brat. Big mistake. She never stopped being the boss, and 4 years later she is still pushing him around.

No comments: