Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Carbon Jumps Her Way to a Singapore Title!



OK, I know, I know -- it's been too long since I posted anything. This blog has become a blob. Now that we've gotten that out of the way...

This past Saturday Carbon finished her Singapore Kennel Club Jumper title. I had decided to only enter Jumpers classes this time because our contacts are still so unreliable. It was a good decision -- I had more fun and I think she did too -- much less stress. Besides, in this heat she can only do 2 runs before she falls apart. As it turned out, we were lucky; Saturday was not too hot and there was a good breeze well into the afternoon.

There were really 2 trials that day -- one in the morning and one in the afternoon. In her morning class she really did fine but knocked a bar, which she rarely does. Oh, well, a lovely run otherwise.

In the afternoon class she ran clean and with good speed, easily qualifying and earning her final Q for her Novice title. The bonus was that she also placed second out of 17, behind my trainer Lucas Bong and his really talented young BC, Roxie. So, a good day and a nice thing to finally finish a Singapore title.

No comments: